Re: COZY: 90 or 130 kts

Izzy

Yea, be careful with those procedures at Oshkosh. I got down to 61 knots in my varieze in 2014 trying to keep behind an RV that was slowing for a landing. I hit his prop wash and tipped up 90 degrees and lost 200 feet.

At that point I abandoned the published procedures including breaking radio silence and told them I was going to land on the right side of the runway. They seemed to understand and didn’t push back. After landing I was expecting someone to come say something to me but no one ever did.

Follow the rules as best you can but be sure to communicate a deviation if it becomes necessary for flight safety.

No one will bite you and if they try they are probably a known asshole.

Izzy

On Jul 15, 2018, at 23:45, Rick Hall rickh@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Pilot In Command reply: "Unable".

Flying into Falcon Field (FFZ) on a semi hot day, I was cleared to land
22R (3800') straight in. Told tower "I need the long one", he
immediately cleared me for 22L (5100'). PIC has the final say, just
saying :)

Rick