Re: Lightspeed Ignition - Connector Suggestions?

skovbjerg

Hi Saro,
There is no maintenance requirements on these EI systems which justifies adding firewall connectors or the like....
Only consider what else need to go on the firewall and do not run the wires there....
KISS
JAY

On Jul 23, 2018, at 16:47, Saro Marcarian sarodude@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

I've got dual Lightspeed Plasma III's.  They're currently wired pretty much by the book (as in Klaus's book).  The wiring, as provided, goes uninterrupted from the sensor to the d-sub connector on the ignition boxes in the hellhole.  On the way, the 2 cables (1 for each sensor) pass through the baffling and, of course, the firewall.

I'm wondering about what suggestions are out there for robust connectors for obviously critical stuff that will help make maintenance easier.  The smaller, the better.  Looking for a strategy to allow work to be done without pulling / reinserting pins.

The cables currently pass through something like this in the baffling:  http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/enginebaffle376.php?clickkey=407250

The hole in the firewall these things (and other stuff) pass through is about in inch in diameter.

Looking for magic.  Good ideas are welcome as well.

-Saro