From: Phillip Camarda uh1cw2@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...>
To: Andrew Anunson macleodm3@... [canard-aviators]
Sent: Sun, Nov 25, 2018 10:15 pm
Subject: Re: [c-a] Pitot Tubes (Heated) [2 Attachments]

They do not need to be heated but are designed for a Cessna heater in the event you are flying in rain or any type of visible moisture. They get floxed in. see attached information.

On ‎Sunday‎, ‎November‎ ‎25‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎30‎:‎18‎ ‎PM‎ ‎EST, Andrew Anunson macleodm3@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

That looks like some very nice work!  Can you please provide some mounting details?  I am already plumbed... including my pitot tube and these may thread right in.

What heating element do you recommend?

Also.... why would a canard aircraft need a heated pitot tube?  Are there conditions where the pitot might freeze up, but the canard remains free of ice and the airplane still flies OK?  This is not an argumentative question... just wondering.

Thanks!
Andrew

On Sunday, November 25, 2018, 4:10:41 PM EST, Phillip Camarda uh1cw2@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

I have 6 Pitot tubes left over sitting on the bench from when I made a batch a year ago. Looking to get rid of them. All you need to do is purchase the heating element. Pitot Tubes are $80.00 each. I will not be making any more of these.