From: Jenatepilot jenatepilot@... [canard-aviators]
To: canard-aviators
Sent: Tue, Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] Re: COZY: First fuel in the Tanks

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

On Dec 11, 2018, at 9:52 AM, ezejoe@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Just a data point, again, I have had post-cured EZ-Poxy (cured with EZ-87 hardener) on a few plies of BID soaking in nasty car gas in a glass jar for going on 30 years now, with no discernable change in characteristics (no change in stiffness, no tackyness, etc.).Β  3-lb H45 foam in the same sample has swelled slightly on the face in contact with the fuel, but aside from that, the foam has not changed/degraded.Β  2-lb urethane is unaffected.Β  Gas is changed every 6 months or so.

With apologies to Johnny Carson, the jar is not a "mayonaise jar sitting on the front porch of Funk & Wagnalls", but I don't think that would change the results.

-Joe Person