Re: COZY: First fuel in the Tanks

Tom Smith <TRCSmith@...>

For me the cheapest 80-87 gas station gas. I don't check whats in it, I just buy it. And check for water!

Tom Smith  A&P/IA
Long-EZ N12TS
Cell-707-592-0869
KVCB
KJ6PZN

-----Original Message-----
To: Canard Aviators
Sent: Tue, Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Subject: Re: [c-a] Re: COZY: First fuel in the Tanks

Been using 91 octane 10% ethanol in my ezpoxy ez87 tanks for at least 12 years with no problems at all. Well foggy Vance Atkinson sight gauges but still usable
Keith

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 10:39 AM skyeyecorp@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@... wrote:

It is never clear to me whether people are speaking about airport, no alcohol, Auto Gas or  gas station, 10% alcohol, Auto Gas.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, at 12:04 PM, Tom Smith TRCSmith@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

I've been using auto gas over 18 years. Nothing to report at this time.

Tom Smith  A&P/IA
Long-EZ N12TS
Cell-707-592-0869
KVCB
KJ6PZN

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenatepilot jenatepilot@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...>
To: canard-aviators <canard-aviators@...>
Sent: Tue, Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] Re: COZY: First fuel in the Tanks

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

On Dec 11, 2018, at 9:52 AM, ezejoe@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Just a data point, again, I have had post-cured EZ-Poxy (cured with EZ-87 hardener) on a few plies of BID soaking in nasty car gas in a glass jar for going on 30 years now, with no discernable change in characteristics (no change in stiffness, no tackyness, etc.).  3-lb H45 foam in the same sample has swelled slightly on the face in contact with the fuel, but aside from that, the foam has not changed/degraded.  2-lb urethane is unaffected.  Gas is changed every 6 months or so.

With apologies to Johnny Carson, the jar is not a "mayonaise jar sitting on the front porch of Funk & Wagnalls", but I don't think that would change the results.

-Joe Person

--

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.