Re: COZY: Epoxy for Cowling

David A Froble

On 5/8/2019 11:23 AM, Keith Spreuer kspreuer@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
People say West like they only make one epoxy. Actually they make a lot of
different ones with different properties
Well, yeah, few things remain static. I did most of my research 20 years ago.

There is the West 105 with 4 different hardeners, and then additives for things like thickening, color, filling, and such. Enough to confuse you.

ProSet has a newer version, well, newer than 20 years ago, though Geogeon will formulate for the older version at need.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 4:56 PM Dave Froble davef@...
[canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

On 5/7/2019 7:17 PM, Dave Froble wrote:
Well joe, I just might have to dig out the specs. I seem to recall the
West Tg to be somewhat higher than that, in the Gougen specs.
So much for my memory. From a 2015 document on the Gougeon web site:

Physical Properties of Cured Epoxy

Heat deflection temperature ASTM D-648 117˚F
Onset of Tg by DSC 122˚F
Ultimate Tg 130˚F

Note, not post cured.

Pretty dismal.