Re: Stainless steel brake lines

Ryszard Zadow

Need more information as to why his IA told him his brakes were “less than perfect” ?

Was it because is IA was unfamiliar with our brake systems and thinks the tubing called out for in the plans is inadequate simply because that’s not what Cessnas have?

This is why it’s really important that non-builder-owners need to take their aircraft to someone knowledgeable like any of the shops that specialize on our aircraft or find someone with decades of operational experience to guide them . I see this all the time and it drives me nuts. Recently an owner brought a LongEZ to the Jetguys shop that an avionics ship charged him $15k to install a glass panel. They’d never seen a LongEZ before. The wire bundles were running outside the armrests under the seat cushions and the systems didn’t even work right. Everything needed to be removed and redone. It was awful.

Get this guy in touch with someone who know our airplanes please.

RyZ

On Jun 16, 2019, at 7:22 AM, Bruce Hughes ezcopilot@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Group:

I have good brakes and never considered SS lines.

HOWEVER a buddy bought a beautiful Longeze.
Time came for a condition inspection last week.
The AI told him to deal with his less than perfect brakes
by replacing the plastic lines.   So he is grounded.

I told him that some builders had pushed SS lines
through their existing plastic lines and are very
happy with the lines.

He needs some expert help on that, please.

Bruce Hughes