Re: Stainless steel brake lines

David A Froble

On 6/16/2019 8:22 AM, Bruce Hughes ezcopilot@fairpoint.net [canard-aviators] wrote:
Group:I have good brakes and never considered SS lines.HOWEVER a buddy bought a beautiful Longeze.Time came for a condition inspection last week.The AI told him to deal with his less than perfect brakesby replacing the plastic lines. So he is grounded.I told him that some builders had pushed SS linesthrough their existing plastic lines and are veryhappy with the lines.He needs some expert help on that, please.
Bruce Hughes
I have to wonder, do people just not read posts, or, immediately forget what they read?

And the archives, useless, might as well not keep them.

Much has been posted on this topic, just waiting there for anyone who needs to review this and just about any other topic.

I'll just mention one thing, for 1/8 inch line, it has been reported that the .020 wall is required, .028 wall leaves the ID too small.

Ok, back to being lazy and not doing due diligence, just asking and expecting others to do the work ....

Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: davef@tsoft-inc.com
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road
Vanderbilt, PA 15486