Ryszard, Dave, Bruce, and Jay:   I must
apologize; my wording of the email was
the way I understood the situation but
was not correct.

And I am sorry that my computer always
send two copies; I do not know why.

Correct information:  my friend just
commented that the brakes were less
than perfect.     So he kinda "shot himself
in the foot".

Actually he has a lot of flying experience
in many aircraft,including my Longeze.
I DO have good brakes so he was
comparing his brakes with mine, I guess.

The AI did not try the brakes, he just would
not sign off the condition inspection.   A
second problem is that the line to the fuel
injection unit needs to be changed.   I am
sorry; I know very little about fuel injection
systems.

I am sure the fuel injection system can be
fixed as they are not unique to canard
aircraft.

About checking the archives:   I could have
checked my own archives; I have 6 files that
are about brakes.   When I did check the files,
I found 2 pages of very pertinent information,
although the information is 4 years old.
Marc, Dale, Buly, Rich G., and Jim E. covered
brake lines very well.

This friend flew about 36 of the 40 hours on my
Longeze so I own him a lot.

Like so many, he bought his Longeze (after he
had flown mine and liked it) and is not a builder.

What we went to see before purchase turned out
to be an extremely well built canard.    But much
of the "internal parts" are covered so it is not a
typical canard.   Getting the SS tubes down the
gear legs may be a problem.   I put MY Nyloseal
on the gear legs.   He is not likely to remove the
old plastic tubes (whatever they are) to fix it.
He is much too busy making a living; not retired
like me.

Our nearest canard inspector/repairman is Dale
Martin but he is always extremely busy and the
aircraft is now grounded by FAA regulations.
We do not want to haul it over; that is far.

Thank you very much for the comments.

Bruce