From: 'Del Schier' cozypilot@... [canard-aviators]
To: canard-aviators@...
Sent: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 07:56:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [c-a] Stainless steel brake lines

I think SS lines are a very good idea and maybe mandatory.  My EZ had a brake fail because the nylon line got hot and soft and leaked.  I think that the conducted heat from the brake caliper, more than the radiated heat from the disc, soften the line and cause it to leak.  My Cozy had nylon, but it doesn’t any longer, after a Matco brake install.  The Cozy had a slight leak once but didn’t stop the brakes from stopping.   The new lines were < $100 and easy to install.

I would worry more about having the cheap plans brass fuel valve; that is mandatory to replace! They jammed up and almost caused a forced landing on both my airplanes, even though I painfully disassembled and lubed the valves periodically.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL