Re: COZY: picking up from paint - what to look for?

Greg Norman

How did the A&P balance the controls? You speaking of checking the weights on the control surfaces after paint?

Greg Norman

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:51 PM Buly bulent.enginegear@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Make sure the static ports are not painted shut.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:41 PM Christian Bailey <aetm12@...> wrote:

On the recommendations from a few folks on this list, I just had my Berkut painted at Kracon in Lincoln, CA.

They completed the job only a couple of days past the two weeks promised, which seems incredible. So I'm going tomorrow to pick her up.

I will do a careful inspection of the job, looking for runs and overspray.

On my safety list is a thorough preflight, particularly including canard attachment bolts and wires, and full travel of all controls (I brought a protractor to check the travel). They had an A&P balance the controls and make a logbook entry.

Tapping the collective braintrust here – anything else you’ve seen or heard of a paint shop mess up that I should look out for?

Christian

Berkut 540 N6212

Bulent Aliev
Enginegear