Re: Coupling Radio antennae

Mike Satchell

Congrats on getting back in the air Marc!

A "diplexor" might work for you (one radio/two antennas). Might check with them to be sure you get the type of connectors you want and matches your application.
https://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/duplexers-diplexers-triplexers-1175/diplexers-triplexers-477/diplexers-478/

Regards,
Mike Satchell / Cozy #1537

On 6/28/2019 12:18 PM, 'Marcus Borom' borommarc@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

Since I had my mid-air, in which I lost my left winglet and associated radio antenna, I want to avoid the possible loss of radio contact, if this ever (very unlikely) happens again. It was fortunate that my radio was connected through my right winglet, so I maintained radio contact with the tower.

I have now rebuilt my left winglet and associated radio antenna. It works. Is it possible to connect both antennae to the radio through a splitter (or combiner??) so that, if one antenna goes bad, or is knocked off by an errant airplane, radio contact is maintained?

Anxious to know.

Marc Borom

N966EZ

Ryan Field