Re: Strobe Beacon - Veri Eze

KEN4ZZ

All good advice, but I'd perhaps come at this from an alternate angle. My geriatric VariEze is indeed day, VFR, no electrical system. That said, I think a valid argument can be made that increasing your plane's visibility w/ strobes is a worthwhile empty weight investment in flight safety even if only operated VFR. Especially true if you routinely operate in busy airspace. If the wiring is already in place, perhaps ditching the old fashioned strobes and upgrading to modern lightweight LED strobes would be a better choice. Would save weight and use less power.

IMVHO, these days spending $$$ to repair a gas discharge strobe system is throwing good money after bad.

Ken

On 7/5/2019 8:37 AM, Mike Tooze miketooze@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??
Calvin,
Gleaning from your post I understand that you have acquired a VE and that you are 'putting a few thing right'.
I think that Ron is right and what he says does help you in that, for a VE, you should be removing anything that is unnecessary for day VFR flight. Saving weight is the imperative with the exception of anything that, on balance, reduces drag and whatever is needed to achieve the correct CoG position. i.e Add(remove) ballast as necessary to achieve your minimum trim drag at the speed you choose to fly.
Saves a ton of money too.

OMV,

Mike Tooze
O-235 Vari Eze G-EMMY
On Friday, 5 July 2019, 09:17:51 BST, Tony Rothwell tony13rothwell@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

Ron is correct but that does not help you Calvin.
Post a photo of the item causing you a problem and somebody on here will know what it is and where to get a replacement if that is what you need.

Tony

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 12:12, Ron Springer ron228rj@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:
??

Calvin,

A plans built VariEze wouldn???t have lights ...

Ron

On Jul 4, 2019, at 4:02 PM, ccarey@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

??

I apologize in advance as I'm new to the whole maintenance process and appreciate any help.

There is power to the strobe driver and the light works.?? What is the part number or likely part number of the strobe driver for a plans built Veri Eze?

Respectfully,
Calvin