Re: Intersection Radius

Mike Tooze

Andrew,
I used a min. of six/seven inch radius for my fuselage/strake intersection, tapering, of course at the front. Rear merging into the under engine cowl.
This is by far the largest 'drag intersection' on an Eze.
My wing/winglet's are about two inch rad, put in as nominal and could well be improved - in years to come ;^)

Intersections - parasitic drag's great friend.

OMV

Mike Tooze
O-235 Vari Eze

On Friday, 5 July 2019, 15:36:56 BST, Andrew Anunson macleodm3@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

Is there a minimum radius that we can use at the wing/winglet intersection and the strake/fuselage intersection for aerodynamic efficiency?  These parts are structurally complete and I am working on fairings and micro fill.

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Chapter 25