Re: Defiant leaky brakes

Keith Spreuer

Fuel tanks arn't inches from red hot brake discs

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019, 1:55 PM Dale Martin Niceez@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Geez guys,

God forbid you should Avgas in your fuel tanks!!!

Dale
For Contact info - See Website
http://www.long-ez.com
=====================>

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:47 AM Keith Spreuer kspreuer@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

I use DOT 5 also for the same reason, fire in a Cozy III.
Keith

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 6:47 AM Bruce Hughes ezcopilot@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Bob and Ryszard:

I have always used DOT5 because a friend
nearly lost his Longeze after a landing and
too much braking.   He had some brake fluid
FLOWING out and a fire.   Got a heavy
coat around it.

I have Grove brakes.   Checked with them.
The seals are Viton so I guess it is safe.
Grove will not recommend DOT 5 because
they could get approval (from the FAA ?)
for anything but the dangerous red crap.
There is another FAA mistake/failure.

I wonder how many other buers use DOT 5

Bruce Hughes