From: canard-aviators@...
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 11:25 AM
To: canard-aviators@...
Subject: Re: [c-a] Coupling Radio antennae

Marc, how much of the winglet was taken off and how difficult was it to control the plane. If this story was put out on the forum, I somehow missed it. Glad things turned out ok for you.

Don Jones

Berkut FG

On Friday, June 28, 2019, 1:18:35 PM EDT, 'Marcus Borom' borommarc@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Since I had my mid-air, in which I lost my left winglet and associated radio antenna, I want to avoid the possible loss of radio contact, if this ever (very unlikely) happens again.  It was fortunate that my radio was connected through my right winglet, so I maintained radio contact with the tower.

I have now rebuilt my left winglet and associated radio antenna.  It works.  Is it possible to connect both antennae to the radio through a splitter (or combiner??) so that, if one antenna goes bad, or is knocked off by an errant airplane, radio contact is maintained?

Anxious to know.

Marc Borom

N966EZ

Ryan Field