Re: Coupling Radio antennae reply to Don Jones

David A Froble

People who have been reading CA for a while, and have memory retention at least as good as a gnat, know about both of Marc's mishaps.

It was good to know that he could control the aircraft with part of a winglet missing. The Oshkosh rebuild is a really great tale. Good people involved.

As for the incident with the Piper, all I'll say is:

ADS-B! ADS-B!! ADS-B!!!

You'll make your own luck.

On 7/21/2019 8:53 PM, Bob Holliston bob.holliston@gmail.com [canard-aviators] wrote:

Holy shit!

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 4:02 PM 'Marcus Borom' borommarc@earthlink.net
<mailto:borommarc@earthlink.net> [canard-aviators]
<canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

__

Don,____

__ __

I lost the upper third of the winglet and the rudder was ripped off
(see attached picutres). I kept a cool head and was able to control
the plane fairly easily using only the ailerons. If the Piper had
been 18 inches lower, I would have lost my head compoletely.. ____

__ __

After having totally rebuilt this plane in only five days at Oshkosh
in 1988, it was a bit ridiculous how long it took to get this repair
done. I was a little bummed out.____

__ __

Marc ____

__ __