Re: Group Guidelines

nosedragger48154

Jon, could you please contact me directly.  I have a question I would like to ask you, it has to with a business question.  It has nothing to do with the current thread.

Sincerely,

Mike Scovel

SE Michigan

VariEze

Mbl     (313) 608-7202

Email   ezdriver@...

Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:42 AM
To: canard-aviators@...
Subject: [c-a] Group Guidelines

Hello good people,

Watching the ‘Vendor Warning’ discussion take a few turns for the worse I ask everyone to reacquaint yourselves with the forum guidelines, which can be summarized as follows:

1. No personal attacks.
  2. No politics.
  3. No religion.
  4. No topics on sex.

Sounds fun, but the ‘Vendor Warning’ topic has hit on the first 3 here, disparaging individuals (not businesses or vendors), including references to political and religious groups, and even quoting specific Jewish and Christian texts. 

This group is about building and flying experimental canard aircraft.  This group’s guidelines follow those used at the Canard Zone (https://www.canardzone.com/forum) which are similar to the Van’s Airforce forum.  This is nothing new.

Regarding the specifics of the ‘Vendor Warning’ topic.  David Hanson, the business, is not being personally attacked.  He is offering business-related services for which it is entirely reasonable – and welcome – for anyone dealing with this BUSINESS to give a review.  If David Hanson wishes to address these comments relating to his business offering he is more than welcome to join the forum and reply.

The offending ! posters have been set to a temporary moderated status, where manual approval is required for posts to go through to the group.  I expect this to come to pass quickly (assuming the guidelines are respected).

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions towards helping our tiny community get back to having good fun.

Respectfully,

Jon

Jon Matcho

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV+ (widened rear)

Canard Aviators Member Administrator

www.canardzone.com Member Administrator

www.quickheads.com Member Administrator

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.