Re: COZY: Bottom Fuselage Paint

A R Goldman <ARGOLDMAN@...>

Phil, there are scads of instructional videos on YouTube.  That will give you a knowledge base then a little practice on cardboard. Thinning and handling the paint is vital pressure and dryness of air are also critical

YouTube will help

Also your paint supplier should be a great help

Rich

On Aug 1, 2019, at 3:56 PM, 'Phil Kriley' via COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...> wrote:

I also would like to learn to paint.  I bought a good compressor and a spray kit from Lowe’s but my results to date are not as good as I can get with a rattle can.  I hoped to attend two sessions at OSH this year but had to miss the Monday sessions.

Where can I learn how to spray?  Or is it like welding...best left to the pros?

Phil Kriley

On Aug 1, 2019, at 4:40 PM, 'Andrew Anunson' via COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...> wrote:

Tim Andres wrote:
Prime, sand, inspect, fill, prime, sand, inspect, fill....lather repeat as necessary, so yeah, do that while its upside down.

What do you fill with after prime?

Kent Ashton wrote:
I would certainly paint it upside down.  It’s not fun painting on your back in protective gear, even with a pressurized paint-pot.

Do you recommend a pressure pot system?  I need to Zolatone, Prime, and Paint.  I may want to redo old cars as my next hobby, so I need to learn to paint.

Greg Norman wrote:
I primered mine upside down. Why not prep sand it too.. So much easier on the arms. You can spray color on its belly right side up pretty easy with a good modern gravity spray gun.

OK Sounds Great!!!

Tom Brusehaver wrote:
If the engine stand is oriented right, you can point the nose almost 45 degrees up. Then painting underneath is fairly easy.

Good to know!  I will remeber this for the paint....

Thank You All for your replies.... Do I need to hire a painter or can I pull off a "20 footer" paint job on my own?
Andrew Anunson

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "COZY Builders Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cozy_builders+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cozy_builders/421565525.274974.1564692001677%40mail.yahoo.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "COZY Builders Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cozy_builders+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cozy_builders/BB295F40-ABAF-4B4B-8584-7A1948FE286A%40aol.com.

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.