Re: COZY: Bottom Fuselage Paint

nosedragger48154

OMG. Is Tim correct on this one!  Best story I have got is with my buddy Chris Richards, this goes back a few years ago, He had brought out his newly refinished I believe 1968 Firebird, it was beautiful!  I said to Chris, WHO did the paint job?  Chris looked at me with a really weird look and said “who cares, I did the body work”!  Well I never forgot that and when I started the body work on my VariEze I began to realize just exactly what Chris had meant by his comment.  When I was about finished with the body work and putting the plane in primer, I ran into Chris at the airport one day and told him I owed him an apology!  Another weird look and he said “for what”?  I said “do you remember when…..”?  He said “yeah”, and then I said “well I know now just exactly what you meant that day and I have learned a very valuable lesson”.  Being Chris he looked me square in the eye and said that there was no apology necessary with a big smile on his face.  Moral to the story, the more experience you get in building these planes or anything for that matter the greater your appreciation for the effort put out when you see it!

Sincerely,

Mike Scovel

SE Michigan

VariEze