Re: Help getting info on Werner Varieze

Tom Smith <TRCSmith@...>

Dana Byerley 
801-205-1881

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, Ryszard Zadow ryszardzadow@... [canard-aviators]  wrote:

I apologize for missing that response, thank you. That fills in a gap. Now to figure out how a "totaled" aircraft made it to Brazil... hmmm

RZ
On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 11:02:20 AM CDT, Aziz Musa upperglass747@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

I answered you once and here it is again. Dana Byerley was my hangar mate at Tooele, UT. We both were coming back from Kanab twelve years ago, I in my Long and Dana in the Very ez, when Dana had an engine out outside Tooele due to induction ice as the investigator called it. There was heavy thunderstorm activity right above the airport. It was totaled and Dana walked away with very minor injuries. I met Werner when he delivered the airplane to Dana about a year earlier.
Aziz Musa
Long Ez N147AM 

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:31 AM Ryszard Zadow ryszardzadow@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Thanks for the help Ron and Tom. I'm asking because I've been contacted by a Pilot in Brazil who say's the airplane is down there and he wants to know if he should buy it. The mystery is what happened to it between Paul's ownership and it getting to Brazil, if it's actually Pauls airplane that's down there.

RAFE gets contacted regularly from people looking for advice on acquitting an EZ. We're not brokering anything at all. That's not our goal. I often direct them to those I know that can help them, but occasionally one piques my interest. Unlike your typical spam -can prepurchase research I tell people looking at an EZ that this is often more like detective work. The first question to ask is "who built it". Few of these are built in a vacuum. Someone knows someone who can help vet the machine.

Anyone heard of D. Byerly in Sandy UT? I recognize the name of the last A&P to sign off the last CI in the logbook but the trial ends there .. with no dots to connect to Brazil.

Ryszard

On Monday, August 5, 2019, 2:34:18 PM CDT, Ron Springer ron228rj@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Before he had a Long-EZ, Paul had a VariEze that he built. By the way, that is "ace pilot" Paul Werner as stated in the video.

Ron

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 2:04 PM Ryszard Zadow ryszardzadow@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

According to its operating limitations and all the other documentation I’ve seen it’s a Varieze. 

On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:24, Tom Smith TRCSmith@aol..com [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Are you sure it's not a Long EZ?? I did his condition inspections years ago, and don't recall it a Variez.

Tom Smith  A&P/IA
Long-EZ N12TS
Cell-707-592-0869
KVCB
KJ6PZN

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryszard Zadow ryszardzadow@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...>
To: Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@...>
Cc: Creighton King <cking@...>
Sent: Sun, Aug 4, 2019 9:31 am
Subject: [c-a] Help getting info on Werner Varieze

Looking for information on a Varieze built by

Paul Werner

It was apparently later owned by

D. Byerley
1889 Alla Danna Way
Sandy UT, 84093

------------------------------------
Posted by: Ryszard Zadow <ryszardzadow@...>

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.