Re: Canopy fram delamination

Jim Evans

Good call, Keith.  If you take a closer look at the photo, you can see some damage on the side of the gap below the canopy like something lodged between.  Right at the 1" mark.

Jim

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:09 AM Keith Spreuer kspreuer@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Just guessing but that is exactly the type failure you would get if FOD was lodged in between the canopy and the longeron and then the canopy closed tight.
Keith

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 11:26 PM skyeyecorp@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Hoping the picture comes through to you. I just recently discovered this on my canopy frame. The crack is on the hinge side of the canopy frame, right between the hinges and raised from the surface by about 1mm. Can't fathom when or what caused it...no sudden force or impact that I know of.  Has anyone had this happen on their LongEz canopy frame?

--Jose

--
James W. Evans Jr.
Airport Manager