Re: EZ painting [1 Attachment]

Harley Dixon

12 inches away from it, one can see the non paint imperfections... specifically due to my dread of sanding! Another reason I wanted to use the paint I did...no need to buff or finish sand to get a glossy finish.

H.

On 8/7/2019 1:10 PM, Bob Holliston bob.holliston@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

Harley, that looks pretty good in the pic. How does it look when your eyes are 12" away? Is it perfect? I'm a pretty good painter (3 EZ's and 20 cars) and even with a $600.00 Sata spray gun my painting isn't exactly perfect so I always "cut and buff". Cut with 1,500 grit then 3,000 grit on a DA. Then buff with 3 grades of buffing compound. Then it's "perfect". I'd really like to actually see a good roll on paint job. Maybe I'd change my mind. I recently painted my LongEZ. The materials came to $1,300.00. The pic. doesn't really show the shine but it's there.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 9:43 AM Harley Dixon harley@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

Yes indeed Art, and the previous mentioned Pettit and West Marine's own SeaGloss are two of them.  Also,  Bob, using these paints, and the rolling and tipping process mentioned, my finish IS equal to spray jobs done by my local aircraft painting people at the Canandaigua Airport.  They have admired the job I did on my plane using West Marine's SeaGloss and rolling it on.

Harley

On 8/7/2019 10:50 AM, ARGOLDMAN@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
If I am not mistaken, there are paints, including 2K urethane that are formulated for this process which tend to flow out more appropriately. Temperature of application is critical in that hot temps tend to "dry" the paint quicker and give you less time to adequately tip.