From: 'Del Schier' cozypilot@... [canard-aviators]
To: canard-aviators <canard-aviators@...>; cozy_builders
Sent: Thu, Sep 5, 2019 7:00 am
Subject: EFIS D10A LCD replacement; was RE: [c-a] Not happy with Dynon.

Hi all,

Thanks to one of the guys here having a replacement LCD I got my EFIS repair for a fraction of the $450 plus two weeks and round trip shipping.

It took about 10 min to put it in and it is working great now.

The display is a Sharp LQ038Q5DR01 and I just ordered a new spare on eBay for $24 shipped. Note that the display looks different as it has a metal shield on it that has to be removed.

If you have a Dynon D10 product you might want to get a spare. I don’t know what happened to mine but it looks like a glare shield sticker delaminated in the center causing a off axis unreadable white spot in the center about 1.5” in dia.

To install a replacement carefully do the following:

1)Remove the two front panel screws and pull it away from the bottom, there are notches holding the top.
2)Pry the white plastic display frame out from the top, it will not come out from the bottom.
3)Remove the four screws holding the front panel to the case and unplug the high voltage connector with the silicon wires.
4)Remove the metal shield from the replacement display and cut off the PCB ground tab sticking out.
5)Plug in the HV connector and put the front panel back on the case.
6)Carefully put the bottom edge of the display in the front panel frame and push it back in mating the connector fully and make sure the HV wires are neatly run.
7)Put the front bezel back on, top first. Make sure the rubber button strip and button PCB are properly in place and put the two screws back in.

Note: my used EFIS I got had sluggish and intermittent far left and right buttons; the ones that are used the most.  I fixed that by cleaning the PCB with alcohol and a Q-Tip and coating the back of the carbon buttons with #2 pencil lead.  That worked great!  I have done this before with remote controls and a synth keyboard.  Do not clean the carbon buttons with alcohol.

Del Schier
Cozy IV N197DL
Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL