From: Ross Burk <apogee.design@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Apr 12, 2020 10:47 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] Registration / Certification placards

Love It!!  I think I will move mine just so someone has to lay down to read it!!
Ross

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 4:15 PM Webcave via groups.io <mulqueen=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well then on the bottom of the fuselage fits the bill. A person has to be lying on the ground to read it, but it satisfies the "legal" spec.
JackM
Veze
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 Ross Burk <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> wrote:
No longer legal to put on the headrest, as I found out last year during the inspection.  Quoting from FAR 45.11(a) :    " the aircraft identification plate must be secured to the aircraft fuselage exterior so that it is legible to a person on the ground, and must be either adjacent to and aft of the rear-most entrance door or on the fuselage surface near the tail surfaces."
Crazy, cause its easier to see and more visible on the headrest, but that is how it goes when dealing with the government.
Ross

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 10:28 AM Webcave via groups.io <mulqueen=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Norm,.
Contact me off list. Give me your address and I'll send you a name placard. You'll just add your data and attach. Most places I have seen for their placement has been on the headrest for eze's. The cozy guys will no doubt chime in with  cozy locations.
Jack Mulqueen
Veze
mulqueen@...
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 Greg Norman <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> wrote:
So I'm prepping my plane for certification. I suppose I can continue to read the 60 pages of the FAA Advisory Circle 20-27 but while reading I'd like to ask some questions here for the short list or where to find the answers.

  1. Where on a canard is a good location for the Ameture-Built metal name plate? ACS has a huge stainless plate but looks like according to part 45.13 I only need my name, model, and serial number. I was thinking just get a machine tool nameplate stamped. Was also thinking under the strake in the rearmost area before the cowl.
  2. Good place for the passenger warning placard that is not on the panel.
  3. Minimum size for the "EXPERIMENTAL" label  and a good place for it.
  4. Anything else I should know and references for manufacturers?
I noticed a crafty passenger warning label I saw years ago that said something like, "Passenger warning ― this aircraft does not comply with federal safety regulations for standard aircraft. Therefore is far better than any standard aircraft".  - any FAA conflict with this?

Greg Norman

--
Thank You!
Ross Burk