Re: A teaspoon of canard humour in dark times.

Jerry Hansen

This may not be relevant, but it was memorable to me (though many years ago)….

When we were flying back from Castle AFB to San Diego after visiting our son and his family I checked in with Bakersfield approach with “Merry Christmas”.

The controller responded with “Humbug!”

I asked “Why Humbug?”

He responded “Have you ever been in Bakersfield?”