Re: New Dynon D10A screen

Del Schier

Yeah I will do them for $99 plus shipping and handling 😊  The screens are $24 shipped on eBay from China.

I couldn’t find my description of what the replacement procedure is but from memory something like this:

Take the instrument out of the panel, you probably could do it in the panel but not easily.

Remove the two screws on the side and pull out from the bottom, there are notches in the top of the bezel that hold the top.

Be careful don’t force anything.

You will see the old one doesn’t have a shield on it like the new one so take the shield off of the new one.

I think there was some screws inside to make it easier to get at the connectors; I forget.

Carefully unplug the connectors, don’t force anything.

Plug the new one in and reassemble the inside making sure the wires and switch PCB are properly in place.

Make sure the rubber buttons stay in position when you put the bezel back on; top first.

TIP!! If your buttons are sluggish clean the PCB with a Qtip and alcohol. DO NOT CLEAN the black carbon dots on the back of the buttons, that will possibly damage them!  Take a soft lead pencil and write the pencil lead over the surface of each black dot.  That restored my sluggish buttons to working like new.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL