Re: COZY: For sale or trade: Cozy 3

skovbjerg

Hmmmm... that in and by itself is a strange perspective.... why would “Experimental “ be a depreciating term? Considering that ALL product development and every aspect of top performance is rooted in “Experimental “....
Jay Skovbjerg

On Aug 3, 2020, at 08:41, Spencer Boesch via groups.io <spencersouthbend@...> wrote:

I’d venture to question why anyone would build an experimantel plane, using experimental technics, and experimental materials, and then expect to get certified aircraft pricing...

On Aug 3, 2020, at 11:26 AM, S Remerez via groups.io <sremerez@...> wrote:

The problem with our canard airplanes is there is too much variability in builder design and manufacturing.  This is perceived as "dangerous" and supply chain availability.  Many people would rather flying slower, knowing there is an A&P at their landing spot to fix a known design with easy to get parts, even if they cost a bundle.  I often compare this to an airline pilot that lands and walks away from the airplane, knowing someone else is going to maintain it.  If he were flying an experimental and especially composite airplanes, he would have to stay with the airplane to make sure it gets fixed.

Simon

August 3, 2020 5:10:41 PM CEST Terrence Bartley <tbartley@...> wrote:

What is the cost of a production airplane that goes this fast?  Try that for a comparison of price.  I’ve never understood why builders want to give these airplanes away at such low prices.

Terry

Terrence E. Bartley

2012 Teakwood Ln

Port Orange, FL 32128