Re: one wire alternator

Bulent Aliev

Hi Joe,
Zeftronics Mod. R15VOL. It wasn’t cheap, but it was worth it. When I bought it in 15 years ago was about half of the today’s price .

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM joemts12 <joemts12@...> wrote:
Bulient

What was the make/model of the external regulator with ov protection you bought and where did you get it?
Thanks
Joe

-------- Original message --------
From: Bulent Aliev <bulent.enginegear@...>
Date: 05/09/2020 16:54 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: Re: [c-a] one wire alternator

I went tI U-Pick junk yard, and found a almost new Junked Toyota Corolla.
Removed the Denso alternator,(paid $10) and took it to a alternator repair shop.
Told the guy to remove the regulator, and set it up for external regulator.
He told me the next day it tested fine and produced 70 Amps.
Made a slightly bigger pulley on my lathe to reduce the RPM. Bought an adjustable external regulator with over voltage protection, and set it up for 14.1V Charging voltage (Odyssey Battery).
It worked flawlessly for 10 years, than sold the plane with it.
I also think that the reverse rotation will not make difference?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 9:35 AM Bob Holliston <bob.holliston@...> wrote:
Before I install a used alternator I take it to the local NAPA parts store and have them check it out on their test bench. Takes about two minutes, no charge. I'm not sure if they can turn it in both directions though, but probably. The alternator in one of my wife's Mercedes' crapped out. I took it to NAPA and it needed brushes. The guy put Toyota brushes in it, saved me a couple bucks.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 8:22 AM johntoelaer via groups.io <johntoelaer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the response.  I had the power wire going to the master solonoid so the alternator only sees voltage when the master switch is "on".  I rewired it directly to the plus terminal on the battery and checked with a voltmeter.  Good ground also. I started the engine a couple of times so the battery was not fully charged.  No joy.   Beginning to think it is the counterclockwise direction of rotation.  any more ideas?
N138ez

Bulent Aliev
Enginegear
ph +1 954.557.1019