From: kent ashton <kjashton@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 6, 2020 12:47 pm
Subject: Re: [c-a] one wire alternator

Do you want an internally-regulated alternator?  Bob Nuckolls does not recommend them because they don’t incorporate crowbar overvoltage protection.  See www.aeroelectric.com/articles  “The truth about crowbar OV protection"

Anyway, IG must receive 12V to power the field windings.  No power to the field = no output,  “S” Sense must be connected near the battery to vary the voltage output for the load.

It is not much work to convert a Denso to external regulation.    Here is one way.  There are a couple more ways to do it.  https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/18661-kents-long-ez-project/?do=findComment&comment=61828
-Kent