Re: Transponder antenna

Rick Hall

Same here, but no 'ball' on end of the brass rod, I just rounded the end over.
Both ADS-b in, and XPDR which is Mode S-es (and also ADS-b out) antennas.

Rick

On 9/19/2020 10:21 AM, Joe Person wrote:
FWIW,

I have excellent performance with the stock ball-tipped antenna on a “Jim Weir” octagonal ground plane, with the ball tip of the antenna just inside my VariEze’s fuselage belly skin (hole in foam for antenna goes right to the inner surface of the skin, so no external antenna protrusion).

-Joe Person

On Sep 19, 2020, at 9:15 AM, Phillip Johnson <phillip.johnson@live.ca> wrote:

Yes,

I did that and it works just fine.

Regards,

Phillip Johnson
Cozy MKIV RG Powered by Subaru IO-200 (SN 0030)
http://www.canardaviation.com/PhillipJohnson