Re: COZY: G5 for Experimental - Replace six pack

Kevin R. Walsh

I am not sure I understand your question.  There are two "versions" of the G5, one for certified aircraft with an STC for installation.  You do not want one of those for your Experimental Amateur-Built.  There is a price difference between the two of $1000.

The required instruments for VFR flight are listed in 91.205 for standard category airworthiness certificates. This specifically does not apply to E-AB aircraft, by definition. However, it would be foolish to fly with less than that list, and in my Operating Limitations it says to fly for night flight or IFR flight, I need the things listed in 91.205(c) and 91.205(d), both of which refer to 91.205(b) as a predecessor requirement. The "six-pack" is not actually required for VFR flight. So, if we eliminate engine instruments from that "TOMATO FLAMES" list, you're left with an airspeed indicator, an altimeter, and a magnetic compass. So, a bare G5 unit will do the first two. If you add the GMU 11 ($275), then you get the magnetic compass too.  

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 9:51 AM 'Robert Asis' via COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...> wrote:
Folks, I can’t find hard documentation that says one G5 would allow me to replace all of my six pack legally.  I see documentation for certified and STC; but, nothing that points specifically for experimental.

Long EZ

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "COZY Builders Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cozy_builders+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit


Join to automatically receive all group messages.