From: Marc <borommarc@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jan 15, 2021 11:09 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] SkyTek starters

I am still looking for the make and model of the automotive starter that Skytek uses.

Tom Smith - what is the year and make of the Datsun starter that you are using?

I Googled BandC, which was recommended earlier, and found that it was a marching band in Cambodia. ;-)  I assumed that what was meant was B & C..  I recognize that there are avid supporters of B & C and I would never diminish their product, but surely they are also using automotive components to mount in their housing.

I just want to know what automotive components Skytek uses.  I can buy a complete automotive starter for under $100 and pirate the parts for repair.  Com'on guys and gals, you have that information - just year, make and model.

Thanks,

Marc Borom
LongEZ N966EZ
flying for 34 years.

From: "Jim Evans" <jevansez@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:23:08 -0500

Make your own bracket and use an automotive starter. Been doing that for about 30 years now. Easy peasy.

Jim

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021, 21:19 Don B via groups.io <donberlin475=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I would stay with a B&C starter!  However, on my Cozy the B&C wouldn’t fit.  I have a IO-360 Angle Valve engine out of a Mooney and B&C said that’s the only engine they won’t fit on.  I had to switch to a Skytec🙁

On Jan 14, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Steve Rothert via groups.io <SWROTHERT=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Marc,
Skytec used to take and brand of a starter as a trade-ins, then  offer a "refurbished" starter with warranty. That's what I did several years ago.   I don't know if they do that anymore, now that they are part of Hartzel.

Steve