From: Dale Martin <Niceez@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 26, 2021 10:55 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] SkyTek starters

If anyone needs a bracket for the "el-cheap-o" starters, I gots one!  It has a starter motor in it now.

I'll just never use it.  Contact me off the forum.

Dale
For Contact info - See Website
http://www.long-ez.com
=====================>

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 1:05 PM Marc <borommarc@...> wrote:
Thanks, Tom,
I appreciate the precise input.
Please see my response to the issue for more details.

Marc

From: "Jim Evans" <jevansez@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:23:08 -0500
Make your own bracket and use an automotive starter. Been doing that for about 30 years now. Easy peasy.

Jim

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021, 21:19 Don B via groups.io <donberlin475=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I would stay with a B&C starter!  However, on my Cozy the B&C wouldn’t fit.  I have a IO-360 Angle Valve engine out of a Mooney and B&C said that’s the only engine they won’t fit on.  I had to switch to a Skytec🙁

On Jan 14, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Steve Rothert via groups.io <SWROTHERT=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Marc,
Skytec used to take and brand of a starter as a trade-ins, then  offer a "refurbished" starter with warranty. That's what I did several years ago.   I don't know if they do that anymore, now that they are part of Hartzel.

Steve