From: cozyfly342@...
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Apr 3, 2021 7:08 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] ADSB clicking noise in my headset

When I installed a Stratus ESG 1090 mhz transponder in my Cozy 3 I had the same problem with constant loud clicking in my headset.  The transponder output was inducing a noise spike in the audio circuits somewhere.  I purchased some clamp on ferrite toroids from Mouser and tried them on some of the wires.  I put one on the wiring feeding the comm radio that also had a built in intercom as shown in the attached.  It reduced the noise significantly.  You might want to experiment by installing them on the radio and audio wiring.

Bob Misterka
Cozy 3