Re: Whats the true safety record for Rutan Designs?

John Lambert

Very sad news indeed! Initial reports cite one fatal and one in critical condition.

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io [mailto:canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dale Martin
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 3:43 PM
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Subject: Re: [c-a] Whats the true safety record for Rutan Designs?

Oh Geez.....   When I thought things couldn't get any worse having Dale "Snort" Snodgrass killed here at Lewiston (KLWS) a few days ago.

Marc was a precious guy with lots of stories who was always ready to help if he could.  I shall miss talking to him.

Godspeed Marc

Dale
http://www.long-ez.com
=====================>

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:54 AM Don B via groups.io <donberlin475=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Sad news. Marc Borom landed his Longez  short at Ryan Field, flipped over and was killed this morning.
> On Jul 27, 2021, at 10:51 AM, kent ashton <kjashton@...> wrote:
>
> You should search for a summary of  changes.  If I had one I would link to it.
>
> A few I can think of are beefing up the engine mount extrusions for heavier engines, reinforcing the mount points in the side of the fuselage for the MLG attach angles,  extending the nose for heavier engines, changing the side-stick to a Cozy style (the plans style could get sloppy).  There have been lots of improvements over the years.
> -K
>
>> On Jul 27, 2021, at 11:20 AM, Fridlo4 via groups.io <fridlo45=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> Are there ANY other canard problems other than the headrest? Asked as builder of  N86LE.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.