Re: Towing planes into hangar - was: Easy way to balance CHTs

Del Schier

Yes Marc,

I agree, it is a lousy place to tow from.  I did, however, always pull straight in so there were never side loads; only a compression load of the force of two people pushing the airplane.  I cannot push it up my apron by myself.

Today I fixed the rope, and also tried to fix the lousy remote for the Harbor Junk winch so I can stay alongside the airplane.  I also found an old 12V power supply that runs the winch so I don’t have to go get a car battery in 95 deg weather.

See the attached picture. I think the “!” way will be easier to attach and won’t come undone letting the Cozy roll back down the apron and flip on the tail. I just hope it won’t damage the gear leg fairing: I put a hose around the rope.

The real reason for my recent post was to tell everyone how well the CHT balancing worked and how easy that was to do.  I got no comments??

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL