Bonding question

David A Froble

I'm back playing with my learning project. Got a question.

I have a piece of 1.125 dia anodized aluminum tubing, which will be bonded
into a composite structure. I'm worried about the bond breaking loose,
and the tubing turning in the structure.

I don't know if my concern is valid. Perhaps the bond will be strong enough.

I have considered some type of pins in the tubing, AN3 bolts for example, to aid
the bonding. Should I worry about this? If using the bolts, is there any better
way to position them. I also worry that the fiberglass will just fit over the end
of the bolts, and not really get a good bond.

Any advice?

Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: davef@tsoft-inc.com
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road