Re: engine build cradle

Michael Amick

Thank you I will definitely review these before I begin reassembly

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 8:24 AM Upali Karunathilake via groups.io <onepukak=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I found this very informative and entertaining. I haven't built or building an aircraft engine but when/if I do, it will be nice to see how someone else is doing it in detail. there are about 13 episodes in this seris.

On Thursday, November 11, 2021, 10:56:19 PM EST, Dale Martin <niceez@...> wrote:

Mike,

An easy trick is to load one side of the case with the tappets and safety wire the camshaft to the same case half through the cylinder holes.  After assembly of this case half to the crankshaft, temporarily safety it in place and install the other side case half.  From there it is an easy process.  This method gives you plenty of time to add the silk thread and gasket sealant (unless you have the case halves machine for the O-ring from LyCon) where tack time is not an issue.

Dale

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:09 PM Michael Amick <michaelkamick@...> wrote:
I should have addressed the vertical stand on the front end since it is a dominant device in use.  The difficulty I see using a vertical stand is how 1 person can carefully assemble both case halves firmly in place without another person to tighten the bolts in place. Every video I see using a vertical stand takes more than 2 hands to carefully mate the case halves.  If you've done it solely by yourself with a vertical stand, please share the how to.

Anyone out there with a copy of the Superior Builders Manual have other options to share?

Michael Amick

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 11:02 AM Kevin R. Walsh <krwalsh@...> wrote:
+1 for the vertical orientation build stand. The first time I put mine together it was on a bench. When I had to split the cases for an oil leak issue I did it vertically, and would most definitely recommend that.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 4:24 AM Ryszard Zadow <ryszardzadow@...> wrote:

--
Kevin

--
Michael Amick
VE project @MBT

--
Dale
http://www.long-ez.com

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.

--
Michael Amick
VE project @MBT