Re: engine build cradle

Michael Amick

Thank you for your generous offer Dale, I may take you up on it but 1st will be checking those I know if someone in Middle TN might have an unused stand as well.
Still have a bit of parts cleanup to perform, repainting of intake tubes etc so it may take a week or two to get back with you.
Again, Thanks for the offer.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 11:00 AM Dale Martin <Niceez@...> wrote:
Michael,

It only takes about 2 days to assemble an engine all by yourself.  If you would like to assemble the engine way the factory and every professional engine builder I'm aware of does, I will gladly send you one of the three rolling engine stands I have and you can use it for 2 weeks, just pay for the shipping both ways.

Dale

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021, 09:41 Michael Amick <michaelkamick@...> wrote:
I am grateful for the instructions & advice offered but now in my 7th decade I don't wish to spend the additional funds for a single use tool on the last engine I expect to rebuild in my lifetime.  Respectfully I still feel inadequate for relearning the task vertically as outlined. Cradles have worked well with opposed engines in the past for me & they were easy to work around. I have decided to temporarily adapt a spare engine mount to a horizontal engine stand I have. Will post a pic later on so others may evaluate.

Thanks to all for comments

--
Michael Amick
Franklin TN