Re: Popular Mechanics Advertisement for VariEze

Dale Martin

The ad I remember was VEZ on a round pad in front of a house.  The pad had lights all around it aimed at the VEZ.
Can't remember if it was an ad or a cover.  I will have to ask Burt.

Dale
http://www.long-ez.com

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:22 PM Izzy via groups.io <inbriggs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
In speaking with a number of builders over the years, including my father, I've become aware of an advertisement that inspired many folks to consider building a Rutan VariEze while pursuing the back pages of the magazine Popular Mechanics back in the 70's and early 80's.

If someone out there has an old copy and is able to take a photo of this advertisement and send it out, I would appreciate it. I'd like to add an image of it to the COBA Archives, but I can't seem to find it (or them if there were multiple versions) anywhere.

Izzy
(603)410-7277