Re: Popular Mechanics Advertisement for VariEze

Izzy

Nice find! I’ll see if I can score a hard copy at one of the fly markets this summer and look for the RAF ad rumored to be in the back.

Izzy
(603)410-7277

On Dec 2, 2021, at 16:36, Dale Martin <niceez@...> wrote:

Izzy,

Found it.   Nov79 issue

Dale
http://www.long-ez.com

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:22 PM Izzy via groups.io <inbriggs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
In speaking with a number of builders over the years, including my father, I've become aware of an advertisement that inspired many folks to consider building a Rutan VariEze while pursuing the back pages of the magazine Popular Mechanics back in the 70's and early 80's.

If someone out there has an old copy and is able to take a photo of this advertisement and send it out, I would appreciate it. I'd like to add an image of it to the COBA Archives, but I can't seem to find it (or them if there were multiple versions) anywhere.

Izzy
(603)410-7277