Re: COZY: Touch Up Painting

Del Schier

Keith,  I have touched up and re-painted various spots and areas on my Cozy with good success.  I had the original PPG ESSS paint code but after trying a new can I could see it was several shades too light.  I took the nose cover to the PPG store and they got it almost perfect but gave me some tint which I used and got a 99.9% match.  Small chips I use the wands I got at the auto paint store, they are like plastic tooth picks with a 1/16 ball of fuzz on the end, like a micro Q-Tip.  Other areas, as small as 1” I sprayed and then rubbed out the overspray.  I may depend on the paint you plane has as to results.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL

From: cozy_builders@... <cozy_builders@...> On Behalf Of Keith Spreuer
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2022 11:43 PM
To: Cozy Builders <cozy_builders@...>; Canard Forum <forum@...>; Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>
Subject: COZY: Touch Up Painting

I have numerous spots that need touch up paint...hangar rash etc. And really it should get a complete paint job. But.... So I was thinking how to spray spot and mask off other areas. I'm thinking of using thin film moving wrap over most areas and then detailing the spots. Comments?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "COZY Builders Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cozy_builders+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cozy_builders/CAC8Zdym3A6d%3Dwy97MO6U%2BYRCo_v0NbNPCSG_OzYf_jO-iGd6cg%40mail.gmail.com.

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.