Dynon D6/10/10A display failure/replacement?

aviationeyes

I forgot which venue had the recent conversation about replacing the LCD display in the Dynon 6/10/10A series of EFISs so trying all 3 venues. I have a new to me Dynon D6 and noticed that the screen was barely bright enough to be read even in the hangar. The brightness/dimming function definitely dimmed the screen, but did not make it bright enough. Is this how your Dynon screen manifested a requirement for replacement or did the display do some other weird stuff instead? What was the best source for the replacement screen?
--Jose