Re: Fire detection

cozygirrrl

John,

typically the fiber optic cables or the jacketing would become occluded
in the fire, if it were a bundle it would almost certainly become occluded
due to the cement in the interstitial spaces between the fibers. It is also
questionable if much light would be given off in a fire within a cowling that
also had oil, plastics, epoxy and other combustible materials giving off a
lot of smoke.

BUT! Where there is smoke there is fire. What about some visible wavelength
emitter/detector pairs at the air outlets? By monitoring a change in light
passed it would be possible to catch on as soon as smoke appeared.

This is just a thought, I know nothing about the modality of cowling fires,
with the amount of fresh air going through there etc. this may all be not
valid.

...Chrissi

Chrissi & Randi
Cozy MK IV # 957
Chapter Seven ... We have a canoe! ...a modified tunnel hull canoe