Re: Number of canard cores

Bill Swears

Brian,

I think, due to insurance requirements, designers don't want us
innovating
and calling it by their trade name. Rick Roberts King Kozy, if he ever
completes it, will not be called a Cozy IV, although that's the original
plans. If he crashes it, he's crashing a fleet of one, rather than
adding
negative statistics to the Cozy IV family from which he derived his
plans.
However, Nat Puffer will be asking him for details about his design and
success, because "That's how you Learn".

I don't fault you for your determination to stick by the published
plans.
Nonetheless, I think we've argued this one to death, and I'm hoping
you'll
refrain from arguing philosophy when people ask technical questions. At
least
keep it private instead of insisting on starting that tired old debate
between
those who innovate and those who don't.

WBS

brian amendala wrote:

Yes, I disapprove of modern day innovation without proper certification.
If you check with EVERY kit or plans manufacturer, they do the same. Maybe
they are trying to tell us something....do ya think?
I don't trust myself to make changes without consulting the manufacturer
and/ or designer.....Brian

Brian,

were Orville and Wilbur Aeronautical Engineers, or do you just
disapprove on modern day inovation without proper certification?

Request you play nice, and try to remember that their probably is no
such thing as the Ultimate Expression of any technology. Certainly
nobody is going to argue that the Long EZ or the Cozy IV are the
ultimate expressions of canard technology.

Bill