Re: Lift Tabs Etc

David A Froble

Peterson, Wayne W. wrote:

I am building a Berkut and we use 1/4 lift tabs and 3/8 inch bolts.

I have seen the 1/8 lift tabs on the Long and they look too thin for
me.

Wayne Peterson
A Berkut is good for +/- 12 Gs. Don't think you'll find any LEZs rated such. They may take such a load, but they're not rated for it.

You've also got a carbon fiber canard. Possibly the Berkut needs the 1/4 inch lift tabs.

I'm not arguing for or against heavier lift tabs. The weight in the front sure won't hurt anything. The durability, not strength, of such can be a plus also.

Dave

Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. Fax: 724-529-0596
DFE Ultralights, Inc. E-Mail: davef@...
T-Soft, Inc. 170 Grimplin Road Vanderbilt, PA 15486