Re: Huge EAA Canard Flyover Canceled. Nixxing my EAA Membership [html][bcc][faked-from][mx]

Izzy

Burt will probably want to take a Space shot out of Portland over to Mohave where he'll meet Dick and they will take off in the airplane-car, land at 2L3, drive over to the docks and get into his submarine so he can look at some fish.

To: ez_workshop@...; canard-aviators@...
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2011 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [c-a] Huge EAA Canard Flyover Canceled. Nixxing my EAA Membership [html][bcc][faked-from][mx]

I second that thought. Have Dick come to.

Jack
Veze

-----Original Message-----
To: davef <davef@...>; canard-aviators
Sent: Mon, Aug 1, 2011 6:21 pm
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [c-a] Huge EAA Canard Flyover Canceled. Nixxing my EAA Membership [html][bcc][faked-from][mx]

If people feel so strongly about this, why not invite Burt to RR this year?  Given it is the 25th RR Fly-in, and there was no fly past for Burt, it could be a real ripper of a show!

Just a thought from across the pond,

Bruce.

To: canard-aviators@...
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2011 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [c-a] Huge EAA Canard Flyover Canceled. Nixxing my EAA Membership [html][bcc][faked-from][mx]

John wrote:
>
>
> We've all seen this coming for a long time. "The warbirds bring in the
> money and the crowds..." Blah, blah, blah I truly miss the days when EAA
> was a grassroots organization.
>
> I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Mr. Hightower, though. He
> owns a T-6!
>
> My membership may be going south too.
>
> John
> LongEZ, O320
> Phoenix, AZ

In fairness, there did seem to be some problems. The F-16, and I thought I read about a
few other things.

Regardless, this was the year where they made a big splash about Bert, and the Canards.
So, when they have to cut back on something, you'd think that this year at least, the
Canards would be the last thing to cancel. Not so, apparently.

Now, the EAA is entitled to their priorities, and I'm entitled to my opinion. Nothing
says the two have to match. You of course must form your own opinions.

Maybe Rough River ....

--
David Froble Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: davef@...
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road
Vanderbilt, PA 15486

Join canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.