Re: Experimental Scratchbuilt Aviation & Pilots association

cozygirrrl

I don't like scratchy... sounds like it was built from junk parts

Chrissi & Randi
www.CozyGirrrl.com
CG Products, Custom Aircraft Hardware
Chairwomen, Sun-N-Fun Engine Workshop

In a message dated 8/9/2011 6:14:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dapslp@... writes:

Except.
Hope its the ESAP.
Experimental Scratchbuilt Aviation Pilots association...
The Vans guys won't be interested probably. Just the scratch builders. "Homebuilt" sounds so dang hokey to me.
Plenty of guys start in a garage but the last 50% is built somewhere else like a hangar.

From: "S. Ramirez"
Sender: canard-aviators@...
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 15:54:07 -0400
Cc: Canard-Aviators Email List
Subject: Re: [c-a] Cancellation of Rutan Trubute flyby. Attn: Mr. Poberezny, Mr. Knapinski and Mr. Smith

Ryszard,

Thanks for writing this rant.  I wholeheartedly agree with you, and my response like others is to vote with my pocketbook.  I can think of better ways to spend my money.  Hopefully, the HAA will become a reality, and we'll start this cycle all over again.

Simon Ramirez
Oviedo, FL  USA

On 8/9/2011 10:35 AM, Ryszard wrote:

Dear Mr. Poberezny, Mr. Knapinski and Mr. Smith

I'm finding hard to have any sympathy for EAA's plight over this situation. All of the criticism you're receiving I personally believe you deserve. It seems you’re rather oblivious to the fact that all this criticism isn't the result of the single incident that occurred on what was supposed to be "Burt Rutan Day". This is a culmination of decades of people being treated indifferently by an organization that's built its success on those very people. Mr. Smith, it’s obvious that you aren't grasping the nature of this when you make statements like: "now being analyzed for deep political meaning on the internet forums, etc.", and; "reinforce a feeling that EAA doesn’t care about homebuilts”.  It might behoove you to research the Canard Aviators forum archives. You'll find disillusionment with EAA has been growing at a rate very similar to the growth of the EAA’s net worth.  That same disillusionment has been expressed to EAA over the same time period, but the obvious result proved last week is no one was listening.