From: Greg Norman
To: canard-aviators
Sent: Tue, Mar 11, 2014 12:47 am
Subject: [c-a] engine leveling

I've looked over Chap 23 in the Cozy MKIV plans and cannot find anywhere in the chapter about mounting the engine and cowling parallel to the longerons. There is mention across the longerons for alignment of the two top holes and position of the holes but nothing following checking flatness of the four pads to the firewall. It goes right to mounting the cowl and accessories.

Okay, One person mentioned mounting the engine 1 deg from the longerons but logic tells me to mount the engine parallel to the longerons. No theories please just facts or tell me where it's in the plans.

Greg Norman
Cozy #134